Saturday, November 10, 2007

iJot's possible uses.

I mentioned an entry or two back that I went to a workshop where I was exposed to a myriad of new tools. I messed around the Grazr and Pipes and then lost my steam and didn't play with iJot. Today, as I was scrubbing floors and cooking dinner, I kept thinking of what I can do with iJot:

1. my colleague Amy Taggart is going to take over my WPA duties before too long, and iJot, with its expandable note system, seems ideal for listing the dates and activities I do as WPA, so she can see the big picture, then expanding out any item she wants to look at.

2. Class schedules--duh, why didn't I think of that on Friday.

3. Trips--I might be heading to the Sudan in about a month, and I would sure like to see a nice neat list of things I have to do to get ready, then expand some of the more complex one (i.e. "Get shots" expands out to about 20 items!!)

Dan Weinstein's use of iJot for our conference schedule was sweet--I am beginning to grasp the power of OPML! Now I just need to stop blogging, also known as info management -.05.